Tuesday 22 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 22/8/17

A Horrid factoid- The gate at the start of the causeway is closed on the highest spring tides. The threat has to be of a high spring (6.3, 6.4 metres) with a surge to take up to around the 6.8, 6.9 metre mark. The gate is usually closed from early morning on such days to prevent people from trying to experience the Hill as an island.




-----------
22/08/17
12:50-13:20, high tide

A bit of a waste of a visit, going in the middle of the day during school holidays (I had been out wader ringing overnight). Made even more so when, on arriving at the Point, a speeding rib flushed the waders off of both Nor and Friars.19 Whimbrel did go south, and two Sandwich Tern were offshore, plus a party of three Arctic tern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21