Friday 18 March 2016

Probably the best guide in the world. Or on this blog at least.

The latest part of the estuary walks guide, Riverside Country Park (east), has just been uploaded. It just might not be as good as the excellent leaflets, free from the Visitor Centre...



...but I'm pretty dang confident it will probably be better than some books that have been published over the years:


Back in the 90s I knew I shouldn't have bought "The Good Birdwatchers Guide" 
just on the strength of that missing apostrophe in the title.
It got the park name wrong.
It completely ignored all the local facilities in Medway (population then c. 240,000).
It thought Medway had no beds.
It sent you miles away for tourist info.
It didn't think there was a decent pub north of the North Downs.
 It highlighted the village of Newington as nearest large conurbation (pop. c. 2,300).
Other than that, spot on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21