Monday 31 July 2017

Horrid autumn- 31/07/17

It's about time I started some short blogposts here.

So, although I usually steer away from sightings highlights, I've toyed with an idea for some time now of recording an autumn as can be seen within the bowels of the Country Park, from Horrid Hill. The Spurn of the South Medway (if you change your compass view and squint hard). Each day I visit, there'll be a short factoid paragraph, then a few of the counts from the notebook.


-----------
31/07/17
07:15-08:30, neap tide, in
Point- Cetti's Warbler (3rd day), Meadow Pipit dropped in.
Viz mig- 1 Yellow Wagtail 16 Swallow, 11 Sand Martin (all west).
Offshore-
Sharp's Green Bay- 3 Turnstone back on the barge roost. Greenshank
Nor- Greenshank, 12 Grey Plover, 8 Dunlin, 7 Whimbrel
Bartlett- 4 Common Tern.
Friar's- 20 Grey Plover, 24 Curlew, 43 Turnstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21