Sunday 24 December 2017

Talking turkey

Back in 2011 the RSPB issued a statement advising us not to put out turkey dinner juices/fats for the birds. Six years on you still read tweets from birders claiming to know better.

Simple chemistry really. You heat it, it mixes with blood, mixes with any other additives, mixes with salt, all of which create a toxic combination for birds. The mix doesn't harden properly either, causing even more problems.


Give it some thought chaps; not all fat is 'fat', just as not all chocolate is 'chocolate' (why you buy special choccie drops for dogs)- and enjoy your Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21