Sunday 1 October 2017

Horrid autumn- 1/10/17

Only busy in a 20 min break from the constant mizzle when fallout happened:
Teal 28 Arctic Tern 17, Sandwich Tern 5, Lapwing 74, Golden Plover 5, Snipe, Black-tailed Godwit 28, House Martin 2,945, Meadow Pipit 15, Linnet 26. Otherwise the other two hours and forty minutes of visible migration only added another Sandwich Tern, a Hobby, 6 Swallow, 114 House Martin, a Jackdaw, a Raven, 5 Meadow Pipit and a Reed Bunting.

The irony of it all? So excited at what comes down with the fallout, you forget to appreciate that the gap in the clouds was brief, and for the rest of the morning there was a lot of migration happening above that low cloud.

Point itself? nearly forgot that. Just single Chiffchaff, Chaffinch, Reed Bunting and 10 Linnet at the start of the day. Plus some fallout later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21