Friday 6 October 2017

Horrid autumn- 6/10/17

06:30-09:10
Viz mig- Skylark 6, Jackdaw 3, Meadow Pipit 51, Pied Wagtail 10, Song Thrush 1, Chaffinch 81, Goldfinch 21, Greenfinch 3, Siskin 2, Linnet 23, Reed Bunting 5.

Point- Linnet 10, Chaffinch 9, Reed Bunting 6


Another tired Woodpigeon? Yup, but this one had an excuse. Not a migrant, but a recent fledgling, not long out of the nest. The texts point to a long breeding season, but with a peak in September. Historically gave a good chance to make the most of the autumn acorns and the fields of stubble. Thanks to the burgeoning population, have to take what they can, and like the fat adult a few days before, this was was near the privet berries. Lots will be dispersing around now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21