Friday 20 October 2017

Horrid autumn- 20/10/17



A later visit, to catch the high tide. Viz mig had dried up, just three House Martin, three Skylark and four Siskin. 1,303 Oystercatcher on the Kingsnorth wall.

Nor Marsh was pretty much submerged, meaning birds could shelter on the calmer waters over the marsh. 343 Brent Geese, 154 Teal, and 98 Wigeon counted, all mainly at the western end. The eastern end, adjoins Friars, where three hardy gunners were in situ. Hardy souls, the waters looked a tad too close from my angle, but they saw it out over the tide. Always easier to see when one adjusted position, as seen from the photo below.



The only shots any of them got in over the top of the tide was when a birding rib decided to get best possible view by motoring right into the south-eastern breach in Nor's seawall, and putting the wildfowl to circuitous flight. They saw the birds, but they never saw the gunners.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21