Saturday 16 September 2017

Horrid autumn- 16/9/17

6:25-8:55
As I was saying yesterday, where's them Swallows? None today, first time that's happened this autumn.
Viz mig: Teal, Sparrowhawk, Snipe 11 Meadow Pipit 20, Yellow Wagtail, Pied Wagtail, Song Thrush 2, Linnet 18

Point: Chiffchaff 7, Blackcap 3, Reed Bunting.

Snipe. Sussing their tactics out now. While there are a handful settled on the saltings, arrivals drop and then get caught out on the lower sections, having to fly off (invariably inland) as the tide covers. A bird or two might move south over the Point in the first hour. Of course, these might just be birds moving to day roosts, but the pattern is highly irregular. More probably arrivals, I'd like to think. Especially if you have a wisp of seven go over in line. I'm so easily pleased.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21