Saturday 9 September 2017

Horrid autumn- 9/9/17


Point- Two Cetti's Warbler(!) One since the visits started at the end of July has been nice enough, holding out while moulting, but a second wanderer turning up was a treat; fun to hear agitated calls. The long-stayer wants to hold on to his area. Bet we're back to one tomorrow..
Single Whitethroat, Blackcap.

Viz mig- Common Tern, Pied Wagtail, 27 Swallow, 2 Greenfinch, Goldfinch, 3 Chaffinch.

Offshore- 4 Wigeon, Ferol Peak. The old raised causeway between Copperhouse and Nor, the 'end' of Bartlett, is often a good spot for early returnees, a sort of 'end of the line'

Radioactive Dunnock






No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21