Saturday 2 September 2017

Horrid autumn- 2/9/17

Distant odd goings on with the Grey Herons- seven at the tip of Ham Green struck out north, twice, only to give up and turn back.


Nearer odd 'goings off'- the Friars Curlew had given up and moved to Oakham, perhaps down to the opening of the wildfowling season the previous day. It was interesting to watch birds arriving from Ham Green (usually roosting Greenborough), only to skirt Friars and circle Oakham before finally setting down.



-----------
02/09/17

Pt- Whitethroat 2, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, Blackcap 2, Lesser Whitethroat 2.

vm- Yellow Wagtail 4 west, Greenshank 1 high west, Golden Plover 6 west, Meadow Pipit 3 west.

Offshore- One Peregrine hunting the Rainham mudflats, last seen heading off over Otterham. Common Tern 5, Sandwich Tern 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21