Friday 4 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 4/8/17

A Horrid factoid- the causeway sometimes goes under on the highest spring tides, making the Hill an island.


-----------
04/08/17
05:45-06:15, low tide

Point- Zilch apart from the skulking Cetti's Warbler.

Viz mig- 18 Common Tern s, 12 Whimbrel s.

Offshore-

No real time for full counts; Grey Plover appeared to be up. 25 Great Crested Grebe in Bartlett Creek, about right for the time of year, but nice to watch four fly in together from Half Acre.

Looking east over Bartlett Creek and Bartlett Spit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21