Tuesday 29 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 29/8/17

A Horrid factoid- cycling is allowed on the Horrid Hill causeway, and most mornings you will be beaten to the Point by one or two regulars. The Park is part of the National Cycle Route 1, which runs from Dover as far north as it is possible to get. And then some, finishing in Shetland. How getting from John O'Groats to Orkney, then to Shetland, actually works, is not clear. But I rather like the wikipedia mention of the North Sea Cycle route EV12, of which the NCR1 is part between Harwich and Shetland- "Links to Norway to continue the North Sea Cycle Route are presently unavailable."



-----------
29/08/17
05:45-08:20

Point- Willow Warbler, Whitethroat, Blackcap, two Pied Wagtail.

Viz mig- Yellow Wagtail east, Swallow 21 west, Pied Wagtail four west, Snipe south, Ringed Plover southwest, Common Tern 30 south-southeast.

Offshore (Bartlett Creek/Rainham Saltings) Common Tern 12, Grey Plover 222, Black-tailed Godwit 69, Turnstone 138, Redshank 394, Dunlin 21, Curlew Sandpiper one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21