Monday 14 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 14/8/17

A Horrid factoid- Flint handaxes were found at the time of the construction of the causeway. They were believed to have been made and used by Homo heidelbergensis, (the predecessor of H. neanderthalensis) back in the Paleolithic Period some 400,000 years ago. The handaxe I found fits my hand perfectly, which perhaps says something about just how far I've made it along that particular branch of the evolutionary tree...




-----------

06:05:07:55

Point- Quiet, but midway down the causeway a Great Spotted Woodpecker low west towards Eastcourt after following the path out from shore.

Viz mig- Green Sandpiper south, Snipe south, Yellow Wagtail west. Probable viz mig in the shape of 110 Grey Plover, 20 Redshank and four Dunlin in high from the north-east.

Offshore- 141 Grey Plover, 15 Common Tern. 136 Curlew, with a further 470 seen to leave the north shore from Bee Ness, to come down around around the South Yantlet Creek. Also of note Buzzard, sat in middle of Friars throughout.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21