Monday 21 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 21/8/17

A Horrid factoid- The central path through the scrub at the Point has a lovely natural snaking feel, yet the bushes have been cut in a straight line. the reason for this is obvious when the flatbed rubbish truck does the rounds every few days.



-----------
21/08/17
06:10-09:00

Point- horribly quiet. An overnight rainfront had sat just that bit too far north to bring any passerines down today, with just a single Blackcap on show.

Viz mig- singles of Swallow, Yellow Wagtail, Meadow Pipit and Swift were scant reward.

Offshore- counts were disturbed by a Marsh Harrier wandering off of Motney. 303 Turnstone was back up to form, and Redshank between Horrid and Motney broke the 750 barrier- 779 on view





No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21