Monday 7 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 7/8/17

A Horrid factoid- The last time the Hill was inhabited was during the Second World War, when a small number of troops were stationed there.



-----------
07/08/17
06:00-07:20, low tide

Point- Green Sandpiper on the tidal pond. 4 Chiffchaff, 3 Willow Warbler, Reed Warbler, Whitethroat, one very lost juvenile Green Woodpecker that did not relish crossing the mudflats (it eventually flew back down the causeway and cut inland towards the visitor centre.

Viz mig- Turtle Dove east.

Offshore- First synchronised fishing by Cormorants noted since the early spring- six working close together in Bartlett Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21