Saturday 12 August 2017

Horrid autumn- 12/8/17

A Horrid factoid- According to an article in the newspaper 'The Independent', birders go to Horrid Hill to count seabirds. Fake News!





-----------
12/08/17
05:30-07:20, dropping tide

The view from the south-west, towards Sheerness


Point- Wheatear, Willow Warbler and (I kid you not) a Blue Tit 'in-off' (from direction of Motney Hill). 35 Swallow, but these acting as if 'locals', returning time and again to abandoned orchard east of Visitor Centre.

Viz mig- nothing.

Offshore- Shelduck with 14 young making way from Friars to Motney. A second Cetti's Warbler at The Sharp's Green Pond.


Little Egrets back at Folly Point, high in the scrub. Sometimes used as a day roost, Folly (the eastern end of Hoo Island), holds Hoo Fort which, like Darnet and despite the signs, attracts landings and visitors, especially at weekends. Four birds present this morning.

Redshank following the tide out of Mariners Creek


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told not all comments are publishing. There seems to be a problem between Blogger and Chrome, and I'm being told if you have a problem you should try a different search engine.

All a pain in the proverbial. Sorry! I'm a luddite/technophobe (still won't even have a mobile phone) so much else is beyond me..

If still doesn't work, pls send me a DM/post to my twitter a/c @dunnokev to let me know- thanks! Kev 18/12/21